GENERAL TERMS OF CONTRACT
The Conditions of the agreement between Brisbane 2 Byron Express Bus (Brisbane 2 Byron) or any of its partners and subsidiaries and the passenger and purchase of this ticket are set out below.
Bookings must be made in advance otherwise seats may not be available. Internet bookings must be made at least 2 hours in advance, or phone bookings are taken up until 15 minutes before scheduled departure. If there is availability passengers may purchase a ticket directly from the driver up until 15 minutes before scheduled departure. Passengers with ticketed bookings may change their travel itinerary or ‘open date' their ticket up to the scheduled service departure time, however it is essential that a booking for a return trip is made under the same conditions as above. No changes will be made after the departure of the booked service. Brisbane to Byron cannot guarantee availability on any service therefore it is the responsibility of the passenger to book ahead.
Passengers must be at the scheduled departure point at least 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
All fares are subject to change without prior notice.
All bookings are non-refundable.
Bookings can be:
- Open dated and remains valid until used, or for 6 months from the date of first purchase, whichever is sooner.
- Transferable to another service up until the departure of the original service booked,
- Transferred to another service up until departure of the original service at which time that booking will be Failed to Load and the sector of travel will be deemed to have been travelled.
In addition Brisbane 2 Byron does not offer refunds if the passenger:
- Fails to board a coach they have booked travel on, or
- Is removed from the service for violent or aggressive behavior or for breaching the standards of behavior expected of our passengers, or
- Has been refused Travel, which is at the discretion of the company, or The service cannot operate due to circumstances beyond Brisbane 2 Byron's control for example Natural Disasters; i.e. floods, cyclones, bushfires etc.
Baggage includes all items which accompany a passenger whilst aboard a BRISBANE2BYRON EXPRESS vehicle, either within the storage bins or carried on board by the passenger. The total amount of baggage entitlement per person should be where possible restricted to two pieces (excluding carry-on baggage).If you have additional luggage please contact the office to ensure availability of space. Surfboards are carried free of charge. All baggage including carryon luggage is the sole responsibility of the passenger as BRISBANE2BYRON EXPRESS accepts no responsibility and shall not be liable for theft, loss or damage to any passenger's baggage, whilst at the pickup and drop-off points or while in transit.
All baggage, including carryon baggage, is the sole responsibility of the passenger as Brisbane 2 Byron accepts no responsibility, and shall not be liable, for theft, loss or damage to any passenger's baggage, whilst at a departure/arrival point, on a Brisbane 2 Byron vehicle, in transit or otherwise in Brisbane 2 Byron's possession or control, whether caused by Brisbane 2 Byron's negligence, recklessness, willful misconduct or otherwise. Passengers are advised to remove all carry-on baggage while disembarking at meal, rest and other stops. Carry-on baggage is any item carried aboard a coach by a passenger and includes, but is not limited to, hand bags, clothing, books, magazines, electrical equipment and components, cash, credit cards, art work, passports, jewellery, antiques and valuable items.
Any baggage that is left aboard a Brisbane 2 Byron vehicle will be carried to a central point and stored at the owner's risk for no more than 3 months. Any freight expenses incurred in the return of lost baggage will be incurred at the owner's expense.
Smoking is not permitted on board BRISBANE2BYRON EXPRESS buses at any time.
MINIMUM DRESS STANDARDS
Brisbane 2 Byron reserves the right to refuse travel to passengers who do not comply with a minimum of dress standards which includes a shirt, shorts/trousers/skirt and footwear.
Passengers must be sufficiently washed and clean prior to boarding the coach. Any passenger with an odour that, in the reasonable opinion of Brisbane 2 Byron, is objectionable to other passengers or staff may be asked to bathe themselves prior to boarding and/or may be required to travel on another service. If this change incurs a fee, it will be borne by the passenger.
DRUG OR ALCOHOL INTOXICATION
Brisbane 2 Byron can refuse to carry, or remove from a service, a passenger who, in the reasonable opinion of Brisbane 2 Byron, is intoxicated by drugs and/or alcohol and who may, or may not, pose a potential threat to themselves, others or property. Any and all additional costs incurred as a result of the refusal to serve, or the removal from the service will be borne solely by the passenger and that sector of travel on the passenger booking will be deemed to have been travelled.
VIOLENT, DISORDERLY & AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOUR
Violence, disorderly conduct and aggression will not be tolerated. A person may be asked to leave or refused entry on to coach prior to reaching their destination. If person/s is, in the opinion of staff member/s, violent, disorderly or aggressive towards the coach captain, staff members or fellow passengers, the company reserves the right to refuse travel or to remove a passenger from the service. Such refusal or removal may be enforced for a specified or indefinite period of time, at Brisbane 2 Byron's discretion. Any and all costs incurred as a result of a refusal to serve, or removal from a service will be borne solely by the Passenger and that sector of travel on the passenger booking will be deemed to have been travelled.
Brisbane 2 Byron where whenever possible will try to accommodate passengers needs. It shall be the customer's responsibility to disclose to BRISBANE2BYRON EXPRESS any physical or mental condition that may hinder access to, from or while on our service. Every passenger must be able to board, disembark and move around unaided or with minimal assistance from the driver. Any passenger who cannot do these functions unaided must be accompanied by a Carer for the duration of the journey. Driver will provide minor assistance for a passenger where required, provided that doing so they do not bear the majority of the passengers weight and do not put themselves at risk of injury. Passengers must also be willing and able to comply with time restrictions and regulations.
For passengers with a disability who require a Service dog to travel with them, a Certified Service Dog can travel with them for Free when in the company of the passenger. The same rights and responsibilities are extended to trainers of Assistance Dogs when the Assistance Dog accompanies them and is in training. Please notify Brisbane 2 Byron on 1800 626 222 if a Service dog will be travelling with a passenger.
Brisbane 2 Byron services maybe cancelled at any time due to unforeseen Operational Circumstances and/or as a result of natural disasters, E.g. cyclones, flooding, operational requirements etc. Brisbane 2 Byron cannot be responsible for any costs incurred by passengers as a result of cancelled services. Any/All costs incurred by passengers as a result of cancellations will be borne solely by the Passenger. Affected sectors of passenger bookings will be made open dated for future use and remain valid until used or for 6 months from the date of first purchase, whichever is sooner.
When an unaccompanied child aged 11-14 inclusive is booked as a passenger, the parent/guardian/adult responsible for the child will fill out the necessary forms available at the time of booking or online at www.brisbane2byron.com.
- It is against Brisbane 2 Byron Express Bus policy to carry children of 11 Years and under (inclusive) unless they are accompanied by a chaperone. The chaperone is someone known to the parent/guardian and who is older than 15 and who accepts full responsibility for the child during the journey. The chaperone can be in charge of n=more than one child on board the service.
- Unaccompanied children between the ages of 11 and 14 (inclusive) will be carried provided they hand a completed "Brisbane 2 Byron Unaccompanied Child Form" to the driver of the Service. The "Brisbane 2 Byron Unaccompanied Child Form" is to be completed by a parent/guardian responsible stating address and telephone numbers in town of departure, and name, address and telephone numbers of persons meeting the child on arrival. The form must be signed by a parent or guardian.
- The parent/guardian/responsible adult nominated on the "Brisbane 2 Byron Unaccompanied Child Form" must be present at the departure point with the child/children for their safety and wellbeing, to hand the completed form to the driver and assist the child/children to board the coach at the start of their journey.
- Bookings for an unaccompanied minor can be made through any of our sales channels – www.brisbane2byron.com, 1800 626 222, booking agents (information centres).
- The child shall comply with any reasonable instruction from the driver or other Brisbane 2 Byron employees, necessary to the safety and well being and the proper conduct of the journey.
- Should the child become ill en-route, the Company reserves the right to take whatever action it deems necessary to ensure the comfort and safety of the child. All costs associated with such action will be borne by the child's parent/guardian.
- The child must travel with sufficient food and/or adequate funds for meals en-route.
- The Company shall not be responsible for any loss/damage incurred by the child as a result of late boarding or failure to board, either at the initial boarding point or at any intermediate stopover point.
- The parent/guardian/adult responsible for assisting the child to board the coach at the departure point and collecting the child at the pick-up point must be at the timetable bus stop 20 minutes before the expected departure/arrival time according to the timetable.
- The parent/guardian/adult responsible, described above, shall meet the unaccompanied child at the departure and destination; and satisfactory proof of identity must be produced in the form of drivers licence, over 18 card, passport or similar.
- The Company will only disembark the child at a scheduled stopping point as detailed in the official timetable or any amendments thereto from time to time in force.
- The only exception to clause 11 is if the person responsible for the child is not present when the coach arrives at the child's drop off point and contact cannot be made with either the guardian/parent and/or the persons responsible for the child at the pickup point. In this circumstance the child will be taken to the nearest police station.
- The Company and its employees will accept no responsibility for unaccompanied children whilst in transit; however all care will be exercised where possible.
- These conditions shall be read in addition to the Company's standard conditions of carriage and shall in no way alter, waive or modify these conditions. In consideration of the Company aggressing to carry the passenger described above (being an unaccompanied minor), the parent/guardian will accept and agree to the conditions set out above and hold the Company indemnified against any loss or damage it is or may be liable for as a result of any act of omission or commission by the passenger.
An infant is a child under the age of 4 years old. An infant must be accompanied by a guardian. The guardian must be 18 years of age or older, unless they are a parent of the infant. Infant fares are as follows (current as of 27 June 2011.
- 0 - 12months inclusive no allocated seat (on guardians lap) $0
- 12 months - 4 years inclusive allocated seat $15
- This fare is Brisbane City to Byron Bay, an additional fare will be charged for Airport to Byron
CONDITIONS OF TRAVEL
ALL CONDITIONS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
- Brisbane 2 Byron is not a common carrier and reserves the right to refuse to agree to deal with any person or to carry any luggage or goods without giving any reason.
- Passengers who have purchased an E-ticket over the internet or via booking agency must carry a reservation number or print out their booking before boarding the shuttle bus, any outstanding payments must be made in cash to the driver before boarding the bus.
- Passengers who have made a phone booking will need to carry their reservation number/name and pay in full cash payment the amount owing before boarding the bus.
- A ticket entitles the person named on it to occupy one seat on the designated service while that coach travels between the destinations stated on the ticket, but BRISBANE2BYRON EXPRESS does not promise to carry that passenger between those destinations in accordance with previous conditions.
- Coupons/Vouchers must be given up to Brisbane 2 Byron as required to enable the holder to enter or remain on the coach operating on the relevant service.
- BRISBANE2BYRON EXPRESS will strive to adhere to stated departure times and arrival times but do not promise to adhere to and will not be liable for any failure to meet those times considering traffic and weather conditions. The passenger must be ready to board the transporting vehicle at least 15 minutes before the advertised departure time and no refund will be allowed if this condition is not complied with.
- BRISBANE2BYRON shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of or consequential upon, directly or indirectly, any abandonment of, delay in departure or delay during any trip howsoever caused.
- All personal effects (including but not limited to; MP3 players, iPods, Cameras, Sunglasses) luggage or other goods are carried by passengers at their own risk.
- The purchaser of the ticket and the person named in it warrants that any personal effects, luggage or other goods taken or placed on the bus will not , either directly or indirectly cause any loss or damage to BRISBANE2BYRON EXPRESS, or any other passenger or to any personal effects, luggage or goods on the service.
- The passenger, luggage and goods are carried entirely at the passengers' risk. BRISBANE2BYRON EXPRESS will not be liable to the passenger or to the person who purchased the ticket for the death, sickness of or any other injury to any Passenger or for any other loss or damage suffered by the passenger whether personal or consequential or otherwise, and although BRISBANE2BYRON EXPRESS may, or may not permit passengers to bring or place personal effects, luggage or goods on the service, they will not be liable for the loss, theft of damage of these personal effects whether or not such loss or damage is suffered, or is caused by anything occurring before, after or in the course of any journey.
- BRISBANE2BYRON EXPRESS may substitute any other vehicle for its own vehicle and/or tranship passengers and/or their luggage and these terms shall continue to apply to carriage by such a substituted vehicle or transhipment.
- BRISBANE2BYRON EXPRESS has the ability to change prices of its service without prior notice. All tickets purchased prior to this change will be honoured at the original purchase price.
- Notwithstanding the time of departure stated in this ticket, BRISBANE2BYRON EXPRESS may alter its timetables including those applicable to the services provided for in this ticket without notice.
- These conditions of this ticket contain all the terms of the contract between BRISBANE2BYRON EXPRESS and the passenger and the purchaser of the ticket, and no condition, warranty or other term is to be implied, either by statute or otherwise, except to the extent that the operation of these conditions is excluded, restricted or modified by the Trade Practices Act, 1974.
- This agreement is governed by and to be construed in accordance with the law of the State of Queensland. Any proceedings against BRISBANE 2 BYRON EXPRESS shall be brought in the State of Queensland.
- BRISBANE2BYRON EXPRESS may refuse to allow any person to enter or remain on the coach if, in the opinion of BRISBANE2BYRON EXPRESS the Passenger is in breach of any of the Terms and Conditions and/or there is a risk that such passenger or such passenger's luggage may cause disturbance, or may cause distress or discomfort to any other passenger or the driver, or interfere in any way with the safety of the passengers, the Driver, or the coach, or if by reason of the age of the person, it may be undesirable to carry that person otherwise than under the care or supervision of an adult or for any other reason whatsoever.
- BRISBANE2BYRON EXPRESS reserves the right to refuse to agree to deal with any person or to carry any luggage or goods without giving any reason.
- The passenger will comply at all times with the instructions of BRISBANE2BYRON EXPRESS.
- In these conditions of travel "BRISBANE 2 BYRON EXPRESS" or "BRISBANE 2 BYRON" shall include BRISBANE 2 BYRON EXPRESS and subsidiary companies, its officers, employees, agents and subcontractors to the intent that BRISBANE 2 BYRON EXPRESS issues this ticket for itself as agent for its officers, employees, agents and subcontractors, and these conditions operate for the benefit of and to exclude liability on the part of not only BRISBANE 2 BYRON EXPRESS but all its officers, employees, agents and subcontractors.
- These Terms and Conditions do not exclude or limit the application of any provision of any statute, federal or otherwise, (including the Trade Practices Act 1974) where to do so would:
a. contravene that statute; or
b. cause any part of these Terms and Conditions to be void.
We have created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm and continuing commitment to the privacy of personal information provided by those visiting and interacting with this web site. We hold the privacy of your personal information in the highest regard. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website.
We recognizes the importance of protecting your privacy and our policy is designed to assist you in understanding how we collect, use and safeguard the personal information you provide to us and to assist you in making informed decisions when using our site. This policy will be continuously assessed against new technologies, business practices and our customers' needs.
What Information Do We Collect?
When you visit this web site you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and Web site use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our Web site.
1. Personal Information You Choose to Provide
Email Information If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received by mail and telephone.
2. Web Site Use Information
Similar to other commercial Web sites, our Web site utilizes a standard technology called "cookies" (see explanation below, "What Are Cookies?") and web server log files to collect information about how our Web site is used. Information gathered through cookies and Web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Web site, and the Web sites visited just before and just after our Web site.
How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us?
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering our business activities, providing the services you requested, to process your payment, , to monitor the use of the service, our marketing and promotional efforts and improve our content and service offerings, and customize our site's content, layout, services and for other lawful purposes. These uses improve our site and better tailor it to meet your needs.
Furthermore, such information may be shared with others on an aggregate basis. Personally identifiable information or business information will not be shared with parties except as required by law.
Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our Website, new services, and special offers we think you will find valuable. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers by emailing us at the link provided on the newsletter.
What Are Cookies?
How Do We Use Information We Collect from Cookies?
IP addresses are used by your computer every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer. IP addresses are automatically collected by our web server as part of demographic and profile data known as "traffic data" so that data (such as the Web pages you request) can be sent to you.
Sharing and Selling Information
We do not share, sell, lend or lease any of the information that uniquely identify a subscriber (such as email addresses or personal details) with anyone except to the extent it is necessary to process transactions or provide services that you have requested.
How Can You Access and Correct Your Information?
You may request access to all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain in our database by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What About Legally Compelled Disclosure of Information?
We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights. We may also disclose account information when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Terms of Service or to protect the safety of our users and the Public.
What About Other Web Sites Linked to Our Web Site?
We are not responsible for the practices employed by Web sites linked to or from our Web site or the information or content contained therein. Often links to other Web sites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of our Web site.
Our Commitment to Data Security
Please note that your information will be stored and processed on our computers in the United States. The laws on holding personal data in the United States may be less stringent than the laws of your Country of residence or citizenship. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Acquisition or Changes in Ownership
In the event that the web site (or a substantial portion of its assets) is acquired, your information would be considered part of those assets, and may be part of those assets that are transferred.
Brisbane 2 Byron uses the Commonwealth Bank Payment Gateway. This service uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL 128 bit encryption) protocol to safeguard your sensitive personal information, including your credit card number, during online transactions. Using this widely accepted form of encryption, your transaction is secured from your personal computer to the server processing your request. For your protection, never put your credit card number or other sensitive information in unencrypted e-mail.
SSL is highly regarded to be a very safe encryption method, but we fully understand if you are not comfortable entering your credit card information online. If that is the case, then you may contact us on 1800 626 222.
You will know when transmitted data is safe by the appearance of a security notice when you enter a secure page.
Also, a secure icon will appear on your browser. For Netscape, this is a key icon; for Microsoft Internet Explorer, a lock icon. Secure web pages can also be identified by their URL: they begin with 'https://', while standard pages begin with 'http://'.
If you have trouble purchasing securely at our web site, then you may be behind a firewall or using a proxy server that doesn't allow for secure transactions. If that is the case, then you may contact us on 1800 626 222.